Worldwide Nepalese Students' Organsation (WNSO) is a non political, non-profit making, organization that constitutes the Nepalese Students and young professionals all over the world. WNSO was established by enthusiastic Nepalese students throughout the world in 2000 being centralized in the United Kingdom (UK). The basic provision, during establishment phase, was to provide accurate and comprehensive information for those eager to study abroad and to address the problems faced by the students in foreign lands. The main objective of WNSO is to promote the unity of Nepalese students for better education and ensure the right and welfare of Nepalese Students studying all over the world by building a strong network. WNSO would like to see students, government, educational institutions work together to make education accessible to as many individuals as possible, which is their fundamental right. WNSO aims to be consulted upon on any educational matter as the members of WNSO are distributed in almost all parts of the world and have gained exposure to educational scenario of many different countries. It can act as a strong platform to express the views and ideas of Nepalese students from all over the world. As the organization is growing and gaining momentum, it has expanded its scope from education to capacity building, leadership development, volunteerism and mobilization of youth in social transformation. It has also started to advocate for the rights and welfare of Nepalese students studying within the Nation and abroad.The common slogan echoed as “Unifying Nepalese for better education”. Today, WNSO has emerged as an extensive umbrella network for Nepalese students across the world irrespective of their beliefs, religion, sex or ethnic origin in more than 20 Countries and still growing. WNSO Global Forum (http://www.chautari.org/) has more than 10,000 registered Nepalese Students.
- To create opportunities for students by providing scholarship and relevant Supports in Nepal and Abroad
- To provide reliable educational guidance and career counseling to students and advocating for their right.
- To promote the knowledge sharing establishing the learning centers
among previous and present students for social transformation and
- To support the government to secure the better education throughout
the nation by creating meeting point for Nepalese students &
Educators studying around the world.
- To work on various academic, capacity building of youth and social service in association with like minded organizations.
WNSO approaches towards the Goal
- Education (i.e. National and International Scholarship, education support and so on)
- Capacity building of youth
- Youth counseling, advocacy and campaigning
- Volunteering and internship opportunity
- Community services and development
- Communication and relevant Information to students in regards education system and opportunities to study abroad
- Partnership and coordination.